Friday, December 28, 2012

Enchanted Forest

So I've always thought you kinda "had" to choose wedding colors (two, to be exact), and plan all your decorating around this two-toned pallet.  So I tried coming up with Tinkerbell-inspired color combinations (green and purple....green and white....green and pink...green and yellow...) but all the "inspiration pics" I was Googling and Pinteresting just looked overstated and cheesey. 

Then it hit me...why not base the decor around a general theme instead of a limited color pallet?  And a world of possibilities opened up.  Our theme?  Enchanted Forest.  This will give me a variety of browns, greens, golds, and other earthy tones to play with, while still tying it all together.  And on top of that, it fits us perfectly.  We're both Disney fanatics, and love those glitter-filled fantasy films of the 80s (the Labyrinth, The Neverending Story, etc).  The "Disney" influence in decor will be kept subtle to keep the wedding from becoming "cartooney," but I think we can pull it off and have it still come off as elegant.  And of course I'll be injecting Tinkerbell influences into everything as much as I can get away with ;)

Below are a few "inspiration" samples to give a feel for the look we're going for.















No comments:

Post a Comment